Reaching a major milestone, the Passion MKX marks the tenth version of this notorious high performance,
3 strut, Freeride, Wave, and Big Air kite that will continuously impress everyone from entry level riders to experts.
The pure, predictable power, paired with improved stability, shapes the new MKX into a fantastic kite for all-round freeride, wave, big air, and freestyle progression that not only provides a perfect blend of turning speed and handling, but an impressive jumping ability as well.
For our tenth version of the Passion, we increased the maneuverability and stability of the kite through the window thus causing an increase to its overall performance by opening up the wingtips and adding a pulley near the leading edge.
This improved performance increases the wind range, both low and high, while adding to the boosting potential by adding more lift,
turning radius for faster kite loops, and the Passion MKX’s wave riding potential.
At RRD, we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality product without cutting corners.
Every individual kite size has a customised leading edge diameter.
For the smaller sizes, we accomplished maximum rigidity to handle extreme conditions whereas the larger sizes
are focused on a LE diameter that has the perfect balance between weight, stiffness, and air penetration.
If there is one kite that will transcend the boundaries from beginner to expert, this is our kite that fits all level of riders,
keeping a perfectly achieved mix of performance & comfort, to be ridden as often as you want!
RRD Passion Specs
– Size: 3m2 (School Kite), Wind Range: 6 / 35.
– Size: 5m2, Wind Range: 17 / 38.
– Size: 7m2, Wind Range: 15 / 32.
– Size: 9m2, Wind Range: 13 / 28.
– Size: 10.5m2, Wind Range: 12 / 26.
– Size: 12m2, Wind Range: 11 / 24.
– Size: 13.5m2, Wind Range: 9 / 19.
– Size: 15m2, Wind Range: 8 / 16.
– Size: 17m2, Wind Range: 7 / 15.
WIND RANGE in Knots for a kiter of 75 Kgs of weight.
RRD Passion Range of Use
– Internal and external extra reinforcements on every leading edge panel.
– 45 degree leading edge reinforcements panels. – Leading edge seam protection.
– Bridle anti-tangle device. – Radial reinforcements.
– 3-strut construction with additional rounded Kevlar reinforcements.
– Double Dacron reinforcements on the middle strut.
– Techno Force™ Double Ripstop.
– Quick Air flow Valve for easier pumping and deflating with special molded protection cap.
TAKE A CLOSER LOOK TO ALL THE FEATURES IN 3D VIEW
RRD Passion Technologies
We are passionate about combining quality, technology, strength, and artisanal design that is functional and accessible to everyone in watersports. We make products that we love, that last, and that can be used by everyone, not only the elite watersports enthusiasts.
We pride ourselves in using the latest technologies combined with creative design, added reinforcements, and genuine Italian style: this is what RRD stands for. We do not cut corners when it comes to our equipment. In fact, where our competitor’s equipment is weak, RRD equipment is strong.
The watchwords for RRD are style, quality, and strength following the pure Made in Italy vision, supported by the continuous commitment to research and development. Using the best available materials and production processes, combined with the meticulous attention to detail, we create aunique piece of equipment with character, harmony, and performance.